Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Crisis Camp Haiti Los Angeles - Jan 23, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM (PST)
This Saturday, January 23 from 10am-10pm at a UC Irvine Calit2 Building, we will be hosting the second CrisisCamp Haiti Los Angeles to bring together volunteers to collaborate on technology projects which aim to assist in Haiti's relief efforts by providing data, information, maps and technical assistance to NGOs, relief agencies and the public.
Please contact Chad Catacchio (@chadcat) at email@example.com or visit CrisisCommons for more information.
This event is free and open to the public. You don't have to be technical to volunteer time. Also, you may show up at anytime during the day for as long as you wish - although obviously we will get the most done with the most people hours!
Ongoing projects for CrisisCamp Haiti include:
1. Base layer map for Port Au Prince: This project would create a new collection of imagery and a new base map for NGOs and relief agencies. Post available imagery to share with the public for open source applications.
2. Family locator systems: Uniting efforts of interested technologists, developers and communications experts to provide technical assistance.
3. Tech Volunteer Skill Matrix/Volunteers: Create a role of volunteer as well as
4. Managing News Aggregator: Provide content channel management to coordinate data feeds
5. Defining the Collective: Create what we are and why we are doing this. Coordinate and post historical timeline/archive for the CrisisCamp efforts.
CrisisCamp will bring together domain experts, developers, and first responders around improving technology and practice for humanitarian crisis management and disaster relief.
Each and every day, people across the world can find themselves in crisis. Whether it be for a day, a month or an area of social distress, we all have a common need to connect with loved ones, access information and offer assistance to others.
CrisisCamps are hosted in a barcamp style where great minds come together to share their knowledge and expertise for social good.
CrisisCamp on Twitter: @CrisisCampLA
Be our friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crisis-Camp-LA/431837135577